Warming Homemade Tomato Soup with Basil Oil
With the weather being a little up and down at the moment, we’re swapping sandwiches for something a little warmer – homemade soup!
I always thought that making soup sounded a little like hard work, how wrong was I! I asked the chefs for a simple tasty recipe and they suggested Tomato Soup with basil oil. It’s easy to make, delicious and keeps me full until home time.
Ingredients for the soup:
- · 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- · ½ onion, chopped
- · 200g tinned cherry tomatoes, chopped
- · 1 courgette, diced
- · ½ pint vegetable stock.
Ingredients for the Basil Oil:
- · Large handful of Basil
- · 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- · Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2. Add the tomatoes, courgette and stock to the pan and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
3. To make the Basil Oil – place Basil, oil and seasoning in a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Remove soup from heat & roughly blend (either with hand blender or pour into a food blender)
5. Serve soup with a drizzle of basil oil
This recipe made enough for 3 cups (or 3 lunches at work)
Yummy! Give it a try